People’s Transit will transport your child to and from preschool, school and after school activities, daycare, or extra curricular activities. Only a parent or guardian can make scheduling arrangements.
- If you plan on your child , ages 3 to 17, riding the bus without an adult a rider registration form needs to be on file at the People’s Transit office.
- A new youth rider registration form must be completed in August prior to the beginning of school.
- A separate youth rider registration form needs to be completed for after school activities, as well.
- Remain seated at all times.
- Wear a seat belt.
- Use inside voices.
- NO BULLYING.
- If your child is sick, coughing or feverish please cancel the bus for that day.
Forms can be Faxed: #605-353-0102
Sent: People’s Transit 120 Wyoming Ave SE, Huron, SD 57350
Tokens can be purchased by calling the office or from a driver.
* Are you interested in a monthly ride pass for your child?
For $80/ month your child can ride unlimited. Even better, your child will not need to keep track of tokens! Call or come into our office to see if this could benefit you and your child’s needs for the school year.
* Please know, you are still responsible for cancelling the bus if your child is sick or if the bus is not needed. A no show fee of $2.50 may apply.
PEOPLE’S TRANSIT IS NOW OFFERING A NEW WAY TO GET YOUR CHILD AROUND DURING THE SUMMER!
The PT PASSPORT is available from June 1st to August 31st. We will take your child ANYWHERE in town without the need for tokens! To sign your child up this summer ,please click on the link below and bring it into the office. Payment must be received at the time of sign up.
We are extending our service!
- PT Passport in town: $60.00 for 3 months
- PT Passport out of town (up to 3 miles) : $100.00 for 3 months
PT Passport 2023 – PT Passport 2023-calendar version
Helpful Reminders for Parents-PT Passport – Click here
Please contact People’s Transit Dispatch at 353-0100 for more information.